This is a compilation of some rare incidences where the inventor died because of his/her own invention.
- Mizar The Flying Car : Henry Smolinksi died 1973 invented mizar the flying car. He died in a crash when the right wing of the wing detached during a flight.
- Edystone Lighthouse: Henry winstanly died in 1703 invented eddystone lighthouse. There was a great storm in 1703 during which he refused to leave the lighthouse. The light house collapsed and he died inside it.
- The Glider : Otto Lilienthal died in 1896 invented Glider. He was in a flight when his glider was stuck by wind. He fell around 50 ft down which broke his spine and he died.
- Rotary printing press: William Bullock died in 1867. He invented rotary printing press. While testing the machine he accidentally crushed his foot in the machine. Later his foot developed gangrene and he eventually died because of it.
- Blood Transfusion: Alexander Bogdanov died in 1928. He invented blood transfusion. He died after he gave himself a blood transfusion because the the blood was either contaminated or incompatible.
- The Submarine : Horace Hunley died in 1863. He invented the Submarine. The submarine sank duing a routine training exercise and Hunley died inside it.